Indonesian Beef Rendang Recipe
- 1 kg beef, cut into small pieces to taste
- 2 liters of coconut milk from 3 grains of old coconut.
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed
- 1 sheet turmeric leaf
- 5 lime leaves, tied with turmeric leaf
- 12-20 red chillies, ground
- 6 red onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cm ginger
- 5 cm galangal
- Salt to taste
- Marinate beef that has been cut along with spices that have been refined at least 1 hour.
- Cook the coconut milk in the pan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the coconut oil floats on the surface (at least 20 minutes) and set aside.
- Insert the meat with spices and coconut milk as much as 300 cc (until the meat is submerged.)
- Enter the turmeric leaves, lime leaves and lemongrass, cook over medium heat, stir until half of the coconut milk evaporates.
- Pour another 100 cc coconut milk and stir until all the water in coconut milk evaporates.
- Continue stirring and add the remaining coconut milk, about 100 cc for all castings.
- Cook until the meat becomes tender (at least 1 ½ hours) and until all the water evaporates in coconut milk and rendang spices cooked.